Friday, July 23, 2010

Final days as a child

While I was at work sorting shoes, a thought hit me like a sledgehammer. I have 13 days of childhood left. I feel a unique link to one of my childhood heroes, Peter Pan. I have a longing to stay a youth forever and never grow up. Already as my days as a child are dwindling I feel the pressures of being an adult. Things like paying for college, living on my own, relying on my own strengths and wits to survive on my own. While I feel prepared from my parent's teachings and example, I am scared to death to become an adult and be responsible for everything. Although I am very excited for some of the perks of being an adult, I wish to be like Sir James Matthew Barrie's legendary character. To stay young forever, to not have a care in the world, except to have fun all the day long. I'll miss my youth days, but I guess I'll need to face my adulthood head on. That must be a big part of becoming an adult. Growing up is a bit frightening, but that's life

No comments:

Post a Comment